- Riding Instructions
- Maintaining your Electric Skateboard
- Important Safety informationPreface
- 1. Inspect outer carton for damage and report any to your freight carrier or dealer.
- 2. Open carton and inspect for internal damage, report any to your freight carrier or dealer.
- 3. Remove your new Electric Skateboard, remote controller and charger.
Before riding your new Electric Skateboard, please be sure you fully understand how the model you have purchased operates.
The electric Skateboard’s wireless remote uses a unique 3G high frequency radio signal (Bluetooth) for short distance communication, and a one on one coding function between the remote control and the PCB switchboard minimized the possibility of signal interferences. Signal interference may occur under a strong magnetic field. Use caution and check your ride area for signal interference before use.
The Electric Skateboard Troubleshooting If you take off and refit the battery, and the power light is not on, please check the battery to see if it has adequate power and is fixed properly. If they are ok, that means the self-protection has started. There is nothing wrong with the skateboard. When the battery terminals touch the control box terminals, the capacitor on the PCB of controller will be charged by the battery immediately and a momentary short-circuit occurs, so the self-protection kicks in. Just remove the battery and refit. (You may have to repeat this several times). Try not to take off the lithium battery frequently when the skateboard is in service, because when frequently removed and then refitted, the battery is heavy on the terminals. The terminals can be burnt out easily and an electric arc could be generated at the connection section to melt the conductor terminals, which can lead to damage to the battery or controller.
Lithium battery has a double protection system: a. Current-limiting protection. When the current value reaches the set level, the protection system will kick in for the protection of the electronics and will stop all power from your board.
b. Short-circuit protection. In case a short circuit in the controller, motor or battery occurs, protection system will be started for self-protection and power will stop. c. In most cases removing the battery pack and fitting will reset your board and restart it.
Pistol Grip Remote Controller
1. The Pistol Grip Controller regulates the speed of the board. Pulling back on the lever will accelerate the board. Releasing the lever will return it to the neutral position. Pushing forward on the lever will brake.
2. After standing on board, pull the power lever. Your Electric Skateboard will start slowly and build speed as you pull the lever back.
3. To decrease speed, let the lever go. This will slowly decrease your speed. To slow quicker, push the lever forward to brake. Maximum speed and stopping distance depends on your weight and riding surface.
4. Know your limits. Start slowly and keep your speed down until you have mastered controlling your ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD.
5. Read the section titled: “Riding your Electric Skateboard before attempting to ride”.
Instruction for The Power Hand Grip Controller
- A. Status light.
- B. Coding hole. Use a pin like object (avoid the metal made pick stick) to push down the button inside the hold to sync the controller and the skateboard.
- C. The on/off switch of the Trigger controller
- D. Reverse button. By pressing this you regulate which direction the board takes. The Skateboard has to be at a complete stop in order for the reverse button to work. When you want to reverse, just flick the switch and then squeeze the trigger. When you want to forward again, press the reverse button again and then push the trigger, Each time you press the switch, the board will reverse direction.
- E. The battery cover. Squeeze downwards first and then remove the cover to the direction shown. Match the positive and negative signs when replacing the battery inside.
- F. Pull trigger backward for acceleration, Let it go for neutral, and push it forward for braking.
- G. Speed limit pick. Basically, we set it at a slower speed gear. You can also limit the speed gear by shifting the pick to the faster speed gear side.
- Control Box for 1200W
- H. On/off switch for the skateboard
- I. LED power light.
- J. Coding Hold. You need to use a toothpick-like device to push the button inside the whole when you are syncing the board with a controller.
How to Sync 1200W
- 1. Turn on the skateboard
- 2. Use a toothpick to poke down I and you will see H blinking.
- 3. Turn on the trigger remote controller, and then use a toothpick again to poke down B.
- 4. Turn the trigger remote controller off and then turn it on again, then it will work.
How to fit a new control box
Flip the board over and connect all wires, then turn on the power, First of all, you need to press the small button(control box reset button), depicted on the picture, on the controller PCB and put the drive wheel on your left side. By standing next to it after turning on the board, you should see the drive wheel turning counter-clockwise. If it is not turning in the direction, press the button again to see if the drive wheel runs counter-clockwise. Make sure the drive wheel runs counter-clockwise before your sync.
Riding Your Electric Skateboard
BEFORE YOU RIDE
Be sure that you are thoroughly familiar with all of the features and controls discussed in the previous sections. All safety equipments should be worn, even when riding for short distances or durations. Make sure that the area in which you plan to ride is paved, level, free of obstacles, and not crowded.
You are able to climb abroad a powerful motorized skateboard. If you have doubts about your ability to ride, DO NOT RIDE IT! Know your limits and ride within them. Even if you are an expert skateboarder, give yourself time to learn the Electric Skateboard and ride conservatively, especially the first few times. Remember, the Electric Skateboard is silent and others will not hear you coming. Give yourself adequate time and distance to stop and avoid obstacles and others.
Make sure the switch to the ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD is “ON” and the switch on the hand controller is “OFF”. Step onto the skateboard and assume normal skateboard stance. Keeping your fingers off the power lever, turn the switch on the top of the controller to the “ON” position. Pull the lever or tap the first finger button for a moment to start the board. Start off slowly by pulling the lever back or remaining in the first tap speed until you become comfortable and are in control of the speed.
Uphill and Downhill Riding
The ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD is far superior to an ordinary skateboard in uphill and downhill riding. On an uphill run, you will find that you need in keep your weight over the rear wheels to keep them from slipping. If the hill is too steep, the board will bog down and continued use may overheat the motor. Stop, step off and walk the steep hills. This board will take lighter riders up hills faster and will slow down as the rider’s weight increases. Take advantage of the reverse and place the driving wheel in front when you are riding uphill. The power board runs more efficient uphill when the driving wheel is in the front. On downhill runs, the motor remains engaged at all times. Providing same drag or button to slow. You also have hill breaking control. Frequent minor speed corrections with the brakes are preferable to letting your speed build and then breaking suddenly. KNOW YOUR LIMITS AND RIDE WITHIN THEM!
NEVER RIDE DOWN HILLS THAT ARE TOO STEEP TO MAINTAIN SAFE TO YOUR ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD. NEVER RIDE DOWN HILLS THAT REQUIRE CONSTANT BREAKING, AS THAT CAN DAMAGE THE BOARD’S ELECTRONICS.
Turning your Electric Skateboard
The Electric Skateboard turns like any other skateboard. Apply pressure to the deck with your heels or toes and the board will turn in that direction. More pressure will result in tighter turns. IF the hands of experienced rider, the ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD is capable of making a complete 180 in a 10” radius Do not try to make turns at full speed. Always SLOW DOWN
Maintaining Your Electric Skateboard
FAILURE TO FOLLOW MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT OPEN BATTERY BOX. DOING SO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
Under normal use, your ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD will require very little maintenance. Check all fasteners for tightness before every use, especially if used on an irregular surface. This will require an Allen Wrench and a few different sized sockets or open-ended wrenches. YOUR ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD is not waterproof and must not be ridden in the rain, mud, or other wet areas to prevent electrical damage. Always keep your board clean and free of moisture.
Drive Wheel Replacement
It is normal for the drive wheel to wear faster than the other wheels. DRIVE WHEEL REPLACEMENTS ARE available from Skates or our Dealers.
Drive Belt Replacement
Due to the superior design of the Electric Skateboard the drive belt will last a long time, but eventually will wear out. Replacements can be ordered from Skates or our Dealers.
As with any skateboard, the wheels of the ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD will wear out with use. Replacement wheels, bearing, and spacers are available from Skates or our Dealers.
Rubber Bushing Replacement
Although specially formulated for extremely long life, the rubber bushings located in the trucks of your ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD will wear over time. It is recommended that they be replaced with the same special bushings that are standard equipment on the board. They are available through Skates or our Dealers.
The rechargeable Lead Acid Battery that powers your Electric Skateboard should last 1-2 years if kept properly charged, but will slowly decrease in capacity and eventually fail to hold a charge. To maintain maximum life, always keep your Electric Skateboard charged when storing for extended periods of time. Plug it in once a month to maintain a charge. They are easily replaceable using without any Replacement Kit. Lead Acid batteries are available from Skates or our Dealers.
The rechargeable Lithium battery that powers your Electric Skateboard should last 2-5 years if kept properly charged, and it will not slowly decrease in capacity or eventually fail to hold a charge, but it will decrease 10% to 20% in capacity after more than 500 charges. To maintain maximum life always keep your Electric Skateboard charged when storing for extended periods of time. Plug in once in three months to maintain a charge when you are riding your power board. They are easily replaceable without a Replacement Kit, Lithium batteries are available from Skates or our Dealers.. DO NOT PROP UP YOUR SKATEBOARD FOR STOREAGE, LEAVE IT ON LEVEL GROUND.
Many repairs that may be required for your Electric Skateboard are covered in the maintenance section of this guide. Should your Electric Skateboard require repairs that are not covered under this section, contact Skates with the nature of the problem.
Skates provides a warranty for your ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD for 90 days from the date or original purchase against manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty DOES NOT COVER MALFUCTIONS RESULTING FROM NEGLECT, MISUSE, ABUSE OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE BOARD OR FAILTURE TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY AND USE WARNINGS CONTAINDED HERIN.
Important Safety information
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO OPERATE YOUR ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD
The combination of power and weight makes the ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD a potentially hazardous device. Improper use can result in property damage, serious injury, or even death. Understanding all of its features and controls is the key to safe riding. Avoid uneven surface, potholes, surface cracks, and obstacles. Always ride at a safe speed, maintaining full control over the board at all times. Adult supervision is strongly recommended.
NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER 8.
Electric Skateboard SAFETY WARNING
The board does not conform to Motor Vehicle Standards is not intended for operation on the public streets, roads, or highways. Serious injury can result from the unsafe operation of this vehicle. The operator can minimize these assumed risks by wearing safety equipment. Always check your local laws before use.
HELMETS, PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR, APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR, WRIST, KNEE, AND ELBOW PROTECION MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES. DO NOT OPERATE THE ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD IN TRAFFIC ON WET, FROZEN, OILY, OR UNPAVED SURFACES. DO NOT OPERATE NEAR PEOPLE OR EVEN VEHICLES.
- This product is designed for use by children ages 8 and up.
- The Electric Skateboards maximum recommended weight for the rider is 250 ibs. This product should not be used without adult supervision.
- The Electric Skateboard is designed for one rider only.
- Be aware that a strong electromagnetic field could interfere with the function of the remote control in your riding area. The user of this product and adult supervisor assumes all risks associated with its use. To minimize these assumed risks, the user MUST WEAR SAFETY HELMET, PROTECTIVE EYE WEAR, APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR, KNEE AND ELBOW PROTECTION AT ALL TIMES.
- Do not operate your Electric Skateboard in crowded areas.
- NOTE: IF YOUR DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY AND ALL PARTS OF THIS SAFETY OPERATION INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL THE SKATEBOARD WARRANTY SERVICE TO CLARIFY ALL POINTS IN THIS OWNER’S MANUAL.
READ THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE RIDING THE BOARD!
This electric skateboard is not a toy. Understanding all of its features and controls is essential for safe riding. As with most sports there are certain risks and dangers associated with skateboarding that may result in severe bodily injuries. The rider can minimize these assumed risks by wearing proper safety gear and following our safety instructions listed here. Rider understands that he/she must abide by local laws and regulations when riding the skateboard. Local laws should be consulted for specific requirements in your area for riding of this board as laws differ by location.
Riding Your Skateboard:
- Our Skateboard is designed for use by responsible riders ages 14 and up.
- This board must be operated by only one rider at a time.
- User’s weight should be within skateboard’s max load capacity.
- Young riders should not use this skateboard without adult supervision.
- This board is not intended for operation on public streets, roads or highways.
- Always check your city laws to determine local requirements before using in public areas.
- **WEAR A HELMET & PROTECTIVE GEAR AT ALL TIMES! This includes elbow and kneepads and proper footwear.
- Inspect the skateboard before using it to make sure that it is safe to use and in riding order.
- Always ride at a safe speed, maintaining full control over the board and yourself at all time.
- Always start off slowly, never pull trigger too hard from still position, its dangerous!
- Do not ride outside your ability. If you have doubts about your ability to ride, DO NOT RIDE IT!
- Do not operate the electric skateboard in traffic or on wet, loose gravel, frozen, uneven or oily surfaces, or near people or other vehicles.
- Ride only on relatively smooth, hard surfaces. Only our 800W electric skateboard can be ridden on grass and gravel.
- Avoid potholes, surface cracks and obstacles.
- Do not attempt to do anything which may cause death or injury to yourself or others.
- Should not be used for tricks, jumps, ramps, grinds, rough handling and prolonged steep hills.
- Always slow down and brake appropriately when approaching or overtaking pedestrians.
- Never hitch a ride from a car, bicycle, etc.
- Do not operate under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
How To Fall
- Falling is part of skateboarding therefore knowing how to fall without getting seriously injured in important.
- Learning to fall correctly can help prevent serious injury- practice falling on a soft surface or grass.
- If you are losing your balance, crouch down as low as you can on your skateboard so that you will not have as far to fall.
- In a fall, the idea is to land on the fleshy parts of your body.
- If you fall, pull your arms, elbow and hands into your chest then land on your shoulders and roll your body.
- Make your body more relaxed when you fall rather than go stiff because you’re less likely to get injured than if you fall with stiff joints.
Using Your Remote Controller
- Our remote controller is equipped with a 3-position speed switch, slow (front)/medium (middle)/fast (back). Always start by using the beginner-mode (slow position).
- Our remote control has a very sensitive trigger, so accelerate slowly and smoothly.
- Adjusting the speed down to slow position is strongly recommended for new 1st time electric skateboarders.
Charging Your Battery
- Completely charge the battery before use
- The batteries are fully charged when the light on the charger turns from red to green.
- Maintain your battery well by keeping it fully charged when not in use to prolong battery life.
- Your charger is designed to automatically stop charging when the batteries are fully charged, so it’s ok to leave your boards battery plugged in all the time if you’re riding it regularly. Do not attempt to use the charger if it has been dropped or damaged.
- Never attempt to charge a damaged battery or frozen battery.
- Do not operate the charger if the cord or plug is damaged.
- Do not use the charger in a closed area or poorly-ventilated area.
- Do not ever use the electric skateboard battery to power or recharge any other equipment.
- Keep children away from the electric skateboard while it is being recharged.
Maintaining Your Skateboard
- Ensure that the deck remains dry at all time. If your board gets wet dry it as soon as possible.
- Check all nuts, bolts and mounted components to ensure that they are tight. v
- Be sure that the wheel nuts on the skateboard are tightened properly.
- Check the condition of the wheels to be sure that they are smooth and even.
- Stop using the product immediately if any part becomes loose. Tighten loose nuts and bolts until you encounter resistance and then stop. Do not over tighten these parts.
By purchasing any product from this website directly or indirectly, purchaser and user assume all risks, responsibility and liability for use of this product, including any resulting loss or damage to persons or property. Purchaser or user understands that they must abide by provincial or state laws and be in proper physical condition to ride this electric skateboard. You should not buy any product from Skates unless you agree to these terms. Skates will not accept any responsible for any accident, injury or death caused by carelessness or improper use of skateboards. Under no circumstance should you perform any modification to your purchase which may include but not limited to, increasing the power, modifying the motor, upgrading the motor, changing the design of the product, interfering with the computer management system or circumnavigating any safety feature, doing so will increase your chances of injury. If you have any question or concerns feel free to contact us at 1800-337-7276 / Int’l +(1)647-996-9094.